If you haven't already, sign up for a Braintree production account:
- Select your country from the Business Location list
- Click the Sign up button at the top of the page to begin your Braintree application
- Complete the form and click Agree & Submit Application
Production API credentials, including your API keys, must be entered into your server-side code to connect API calls to the Braintree gateway. While each user in your gateway has their own unique set of API keys, only one set can be included in your integration.
We recommend creating a new user specifically designated as the API user, whose API keys can be used for your integration. This user should have Account Admin permissions in order to avoid issues such as an authorization error.
- Production merchant ID
- Production public key
- Production private key
Keep in mind that public and private keys are both environment- and user-specific.
Make sure your production account settings mirror the ones in your tested sandbox configuration. Be sure to recreate any recurring billing plans or settings if you plan to use recurring billing in production.
In your server code, update your configuration to production values:
Braintree::Configuration.environment = :production Braintree::Configuration.merchant_id = "YOUR_PRODUCTION_MERCHANT_ID" Braintree::Configuration.public_key = "YOUR_PRODUCTION_PUBLIC_KEY" Braintree::Configuration.private_key = "YOUR_PRODUCTION_PRIVATE_KEY"
Once you have updated these values and configured your preferred processing settings, the live production environment will function similarly to the sandbox environment you've been using for development. Learn more about the differences between production and the sandbox.
On the client side, no configuration updates are needed when you make the switch to production – your client obtains its client token from your server, which is all the configuration it needs.
It is important to test your production account by creating a couple of low-value sale transactions for each of the payment method types you plan to accept. Be sure to submit the transactions for settlement, and then confirm that the funds have deposited into your bank account. This typically happens a few days after they have settled.
Once you're up and running, use these sections to tailor your integration to your needs:
- Guides - a quick and clean approach to getting up and running with different tools, payment method types, and features
- Reference - client-side SDK references as well as the details of every server-side API request and response object available, plus information on validation errors, processor responses, sandbox test values, and more
- Best Practices - miscellaneous information for maximizing the security and reliability of your Braintree integration
) ) ( ( ........ [| | \ / `----'
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team.