Venmo is a mobile purchasing experience for customers with supported iOS and Android devices. This guide explains how to process Venmo payments with Braintree. For more details on eligibility and availability, see our Venmo support article.
The current release of Venmo's payment product for merchants is only available for certain business models. Use cases that are not yet supported include:
- Selling goods or services in person
- Selling only within the Venmo app
- Facilitating peer-to-peer transactions between two Venmo users
- Charging users automatically on a recurring basis
You can accept Venmo as a payment method if none of the above apply, and you meet all of the following criteria:
- You process (or plan to process) transactions using a US business entity
See our setup instructions for details on how to begin processing.
If your use case is not yet supported, please check back for updates on a wider release!
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team.