Checkout with PayPal is a one-time payment checkout experience that gives you more control throughout the entire checkout process. It offers a streamlined checkout flow that keeps customers local to your website throughout the payment authorization process.
Unlike the Vault flow, Checkout with PayPal does not provide the ability to store a customer’s PayPal account in the Vault. However, if you are located in a country that supports PayPal One Touch™, your customer can make repeat purchases without re-entering their user credentials after their initial purchase.
Checkout with PayPal supports the following features:
- Select or add shipping addresses in the PayPal account
- Select or add funding instruments in the PayPal account
- PayPal One Touch™ for Web
- Two factor authentication support (currently only for US, UK, CA, DE, AT, and AU)
Typical use cases for the Checkout With PayPal flow:
- Checkout from Cart/Product pages
- Checkout page replacement
- As a payment source
To invoke Express Checkout you must ensure
currency are passed in your client options.
The currency of the transaction is presented to the customer in the Checkout with PayPal flow. We support all currencies that PayPal REST APIs support.
See the server-side section for details on charging a transaction in a specific currency.
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact us