At any point you can choose to revoke a granted payment method using
Braintree_PaymentMethod::revoke(). When you revoke a grant, we delete the version of the payment method from the recipient's Vault.
- If the recipient attempts to use a granted payment method that you have revoked, they will get the error "Payment method token is invalid" with an HTTP status code of 422. This is consistent with the error a merchant would get if they attempted to use an unknown payment method token.
- If the recipient has any outstanding transactions in progress on the revoked payment method, those will be processed normally, but they will not be able to initiate new transactions.
- If you revoke the grant before the recipient uses the payment method nonce, the nonce will be invalidated.
- If the recipient has webhooks configured, they'll receive a notification that a granted payment method has been revoked from them.
- Revoking a granted payment method only deletes that specific payment method from a recipient's Vault.
- Any other payment methods that you have granted to that recipient will remain active.
- Any other grants of the same payment method in your Vault to other merchants will also remain active unless they are revoked separately or during a payment method delete call.
When you delete a payment method from your own Vault, you can simultaneously revoke all grants of that payment method to other merchants. To do this, set
true on your
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team