In order to accept payments via Google Pay in sandbox or production, you will need to enable it in the Control Panel. To do so:
- Log into either your sandbox Control Panel or your production Control Panel
- Click on the gear icon in the top right corner
- Click Processing from the drop-down menu
- Scroll to the Payment Methods section
- Next to Google Pay, click the toggle to turn it on
If you already have Google Pay activated in your Control Panel, but need to get this payment method enabled for a particular merchant account, contact us.
In production, you'll also need to work with Google to go live.
By default, all Google Pay transactions appear to be funded by cards and are processed like card transactions, even if the customer is using a PayPal account within Google Pay. However, if you have enabled PayPal payments in your Braintree integration, you can choose to identify when a customer is using a PayPal account within Google Pay and process those as PayPal transactions instead. To turn on this capability, contact us after you've enabled both PayPal and Google Pay in your Control Panel.