Braintree Auth follows the OAuth 2.0 specification. Once accepted into the Braintree Auth beta, you will be able to create an OAuth application in the Control Panel. You will use this OAuth application to authenticate with Braintree Auth, as well as identify your platform to connecting merchants. To create an OAuth application:
- Log into either the production Control Panel or the sandbox Control Panel, depending on which environment you are working in
- Navigate to Settings > OAuth Applications
- Click Create Application
Here is a list of the various fields you can configure on your OAuth application:
- Display Name (required): The public name that your connected merchants will see when they authorize your application
- Website (required): Where merchants should go to learn more about your company, product, or service
- Logo Image (required): The logo that merchants will be shown when authorizing your application. For best results this should be a PNG or JPG at least 200px by 200px
- Support Info (at least one required): After the merchant has connected with your application, they will see these support channels within their Control Panel
- Phone: A phone number where merchants can contact support for your company
- Email: An email address where merchants can contact support for your company
- Articles URI: A link to support documentation you can provide to your connected merchants about your company
- Contact URI: A link to a page where merchants can contact support for your company
- Redirect URIs (required): A list of whitelisted URIs that your merchant will be redirected to after they authorize your application or choose to save and finish later. The redirect URI passed when generating the
connect URL must be in this list or Braintree will not authorize the redirect. Please use a full URI, including
http. In production,
- Configuration Name: An internal name to help you distinguish between multiple applications. This will not display to the merchant
- PayPal BN Code: A BN code (or Build Notation code) is provided to partners by PayPal for transaction tracking. If you do not have a BN code, leave this blank
Once created, your OAuth application will have a
client_id and a
client_secret for sandbox testing and production that must be securely stored on your server. You will use these values to configure the Braintree server SDKs to make API calls and facilitate the Connect flow.
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team.