Google Pay is an expansion of the existing Android Pay functionality. When comparing Google Pay to Android Pay, it maintains all of the existing Android Pay capabilities but adds two major enhancements for ecommerce payments:
- Support for mobile web in Chrome for Android
- Access to Google's card vault
This guide explains how you can migrate your existing Android Pay integration to Google Pay.
The biggest change to your existing integration will be on the client side. Google Pay uses the Google Payment API and is different from the older Android Pay API. You can view the changes necessary to migrate your Android app by looking at our client-side documentation.
- There are no changes necessary to your existing server-side integration
- If your app is already accepting Android Pay in production, you're already enabled for Google Pay as soon as you update your code
- Your customers will continue to be able to select cards stored in Android Pay when transacting via Google Pay
Still have questions?
If you can’t find an answer, contact our Support team